Friday, January 3, 2014

First snowstorm of 2014 and made more earrings

No snow pictures yet because we can't open our doors as the snow is blocking them. We haven't been plowed and shoveled out yet, but we got a foot of snow. (the guys came and we got plowed and shoveled out around 11:30 a.m.)
I did take a photo early this morning thru the front window as the sun was just trying to come out, of the feeder near the house with junco's coming to eat. The bird on the bottom left was coming in to land on the feeder and there is one on a branch to the left of the suet feeder.


                            I was up early and couldn't get back to sleep...so I made more earrings. I found the owl beads in a scrapbook store. I usually look just in bead stores for different beads.
I love the little owls. I have 2 beads left so I can make another pair



 
another pair of earrings like I made yesterday.

Here are a few more photos I took thru the kitchen storm door from inside the house. 
 Junco digging thru snow to find seed


 before we got shoveled and plowed out

 I keep a old cooler on it's side on the kitchen steps to put dishes of food for the stray kitties so the food stays dry, but as you can see the cooler is almost buried. 

cooler with snow cleared away. Just waiting for the strays to come and eat. When snow is predicted I throw a small rug  that I have overhanging a bit over the cooler to help keep the snow out. I've also replaced the dish that had frozen water.


taken thru the storm door after being plowed out. I put out another feeder on the deck railing on my kitchen steps( the double sided red one). The birds have been coming nonstop to feed.


 winter wren sitting on the railing..isn't it cute?


The snow is pretty to look at, but that's all I can say positive about snow. :-) My youngest son drives tractor trailer and had to drive to CT. I pray that he and others that have to be on the road are safe.
Elaine

4 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I hope you get through the blizzard without harm. It sure has been snowy in Michigan since the beginning of December (we were lucky and didn't have the week long power outage many of our friends did). I'm already tired of snow. Making beautiful earrings is an excellent way to sit out the storm.

Linda said...

Hi Elaine,
Glad you are safe, dry and creating something beautiful! I love your bird photos! You are so kind to feed the kitties! Hope your son is safe! Linda

Barbara said...

Same here in NJ Elaine! Very pretty, but a lot of difficulty. Thank goodness I don't have to go anywhere. I feed the birds too, but you are going the extra mile to feed stray kitties too. I love the ear rings, especially the owls. Where do you find beads like that?

Nancy B said...

I love those little owls! How cute they are! I'll bet you have a lot more snow up there now. Stay warm!