Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day

Thanking all those past and present who have served our country for the freedoms we enjoy today.

My Dad and Uncle's and husband.

Uncles and Dad ww2 Uncle Eino, Uncle Rei and Dad home on leave..WWII.

u.Eino and Dad ww2 Uncle Eino and Dad

ww2 dad working on plane My Dad served in the Figi Islands during WWII. Replacing a gas tank on a plane

U.Eino in plane ww2 Uncle Eino in plane's cockpit

U.Rei in Italy ww2 Uncle Rei stationed in Italy

Tom service photo Tom

I haven't had time to create art, but have been busy sewing and taking care of my parents. I hope you have had time for creating.

Elaine

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Very, very nice, Elaine. As I look at your family photos, I'm reminded of those in my family who also served in WWII but are now long gone. It's never too late to pay homage with gracefulness.

Mervi said...

Thanks for sharing these old photos, I had uncle Eino too, he was in the war too.

Sending you and your family lots of Christmas wishes from Finland,
and a happy new year.
hugs and love;-))m