Sunday, December 8, 2013

Singer sewing machine model 328

Yesterday I delivered this Singer 328 sewing machine in this cabinet that I got for free in November when I bought the Singer 301 for $30 from a Craigslist ad to my daughter in law. At that time I was also given a cast iron Singer treadle base.
 Robins 328 singer sewing machine in cab. cleaned up
I had the machine serviced in Raynham, MA . I gave the cabinet a thorough cleaning and waxing with Howards Restore and Feed. I copied a manual from the internet, bought a set a cams and another foot to use when sewing decorative stitches as this machine didn't come with any attachments.

Photo below..Before... it needed a good cleaning and servicing, and the cabinet had water marks which came off using the Howards and then polishing with Howards Beeswax.
  Before
 328 Singer before dirty head
After
Robins 328 singer sewing machine head cleaned up
Before
328 Singer before cabinet and machine 
After
Robins 328 singer sewing machine in cab. cleaned up
After
 Robins 328 singer sewing machine front of cab. cleaned up 
My daughter in law was excited to receive this machine.
I also had the Singer 301 serviced, I now just have to use the Howards products on the cabinet to make it look like new again.

I changed my header photo..this is my Mom's white Christmas cactus in full bloom.

I took this photo of my brothers cranberry bog after the harvest when the vines have gone dormant..the vines so pretty.


Elaine

No comments: