Thursday, February 27, 2014

Off to see the snowy owls again














I had a free day and decided to go back to the Cape to see the owls. These photos are of a female, juvenile snowy owl. The owl was on the bay side sitting on an osprey nest quite a distance out in the water/marshy area. I was lucky enough to capture the owl with my camera as it took off from the nest. So pretty in flight. I have seen the owls flying a few times, but was never lucky enough to get a photo.

The owl pictures below were sent to me from another lady that was standing next to me at the beach. I shared some of my photos with her of shots of the owls that she didn't have.
                                        
                         
                                       
                                                   
                                           

At the beach it was sunny and cold, but driving home I ran into heavy snow squalls and the visibility was very poor. The snow didn't last long thank goodness, but more snow is predicted for the weekend and Monday.

As I was almost ready to pull into our driveway I saw a male bluebird sitting on the telephone wire. I am hoping that it will find a mate and use one of the bluebird boxes I have around the yard. They have been around before, but unfortunately never nested.

Today at my friends house near her foundation peeking thru the snow crocus are blooming.

Elaine

No comments: