Friday, May 7, 2010

Wonderful buys I found today while out shopping

I had to go to Plymouth this morning to see the dermatologist. I always hate going, because he always finds precancerous cells on my face, and then he has to freeze them off. The freezing part stings like HECK!!! Then the area that got blasted turns bright red, gets blistered for about a week before it heals. Yuck, but better than more surgery.

Anyway, before I headed to the doctor's I made a quick trip to Tuesday Morning. I found some great buys.
I bought a scrap booking/crafting tote with shoulder straps that has all kinds of pockets, a detachable key ring, padded camera pouch, cellphone, eye glasses and wallet pockets. Also has pockets on the outside. Inside...more Zippered pockets and large Velcro pockets. The tote was filled with 13 items...3 rolls ribbon, 2 clear stamps memories and create, floral metallic rub on's, 2 packages photo corners, chipboard words, chipboard clock faces, index tabs, journaling spots, a package of felt butterflies, a package of felt flowers, and a package of glossy chipboard pieces...price $19.99.
I also bought another package of  Tim Holtz grunge board alphabets with a 2nd package of circles attached for $7.99. I picked up 2 packages of clear  fall stamps 4 images per pack..$1.49, package of fall napkins for 49 cents, a 6 x 6 quilt template for $1.99, 5 clear containers of assorted colors of flowers for $1.99 each. I bought those more or less because I liked the containers.

I then headed to the doctors office. The doctor found a few precancerous spots on the tip of my nose and on my left checkbone under my eye. Got the area's zapped, and then on to Michaels looking like a drunk with the puffed up bright areas.
I bought some sterling silver earring wires, beads to match a lovely abalone with swirled sterling silver focal bead...pricey..glad I had a register receipt for 40% from last week.
KC&Company decorative lace square that was on clearance for $1.99, some accent rhinestones for $1, some Prima Flowers..large gold leaves on clearance for $1.99. I thought they would make pretty wings.
Clearance Hero Arts clear stamp set for $4.99, several packages  of stickers for 49 cents, a package of clear $1 stamps that has the word photos, and photo related sayings.
A clearance $2.99 package of 54 photo mats 4.5 x 6.5 scrapbook paper...My Minds Eye Home, a set of 3 wood mounted women's faces rubber stamps on clearance for $3.99. A large wood mounted stamp on clearance for $5.99,  a large square clear acrylic mount for $2.49 and a 2 stamp bird rubber set that uses the clear mount also for $2.49.

Then on to WalMart...where I bought some herbs...flat leaf parsley, basil, rosemary and dill.  I also bought a pink calla lilly plant, and 2 more clematis.
Couple more stops.. one to the Dollar Tree...to buy bubble gum...fruit flavored Dubble Bubble..I love bubble gum. :-) I also found some nice stickers there and 2 packs of baseball card holders for use in a 3 ring binder for ATC's.
Then to pick up a prescription, and finally home.

I had a great day other than the stop at the doctors office. How about you...did you find any bargains today?
Now, to make my necklace and work on a few other projects that are rattling around inside my head.
Oh, almost forgot to mention. The hummingbirds are back and have found my feeders. Now to have the camera ready to get some pictures of the hummers.
Take care.
                                                         Goodies from Tuesday Morning
left...products inside of the tote                                         right...the other items I bought at TM

No comments: