Thursday, February 7, 2013

FINALLY!!!!

I can't tell you how happy I was this morning when my husband told me that the stray mom cat finally went into the Havaheart trap. I had Mom cat to the vets office by 8:45 a.m. to be spayed. I asked the vet..what should I do...let her out in this frigid weather with a blizzard coming with her shaved belly or try to keep her inside.

With the dissolving stitches she was given we have to keep her indoors because the snow could dissolve the stitches if they got wet and she would open up. That's not good!  So, we will have to keep Mom cat in the house for awhile until fur grows back on her belly. She traveled well in the trap to the vets and back home again in the cat carrier. She travelled well didn't cry at all.

When I got her home I took the travel crate down cellar and let her loose. Don't know how long it will be until she ventures upstairs thru the cat door. I put a litter box, food and water down cellar for her. She will probably want to be an outside cat, but that's okay with me as she won't be able to have anymore kittens. We will just continue to feed her.

Tomorrow around noon they are predicting a blizzard with snow anywhere from 12 inches to 24. Maybe I will get some art done as I won't be going anywhere. This morning I went and got batteries and bottled water for my mom and dad. If they lose their power they have no water, because they have a well and the pump is electric. So there lanterns are out and generators are ready.

 

Elaine 

2 comments:

Barbara said...

You have a big heart, Elaine, extends into the basement and the wide outdoors with your Mom kitty. Well done!

Joanne Huffman said...

Good luck with the weather. Good for being persistant with the mama cat.