Friday, April 11, 2014

Another Afternoon at the Beach

 
female on nest calling to it's mate

mate returning with seaweed he picked up from the beach

male landed in nest on females back mating ritual

                               shortly after returning to the nest a 3rd osprey dived at the nest and the male chased it off. Lots of screeching was going on.


Interloper retreats 

Male caught a fish for it's meal, landed on a post with perch not far from the nest  and started to eat. Later it brought what was left to it's mate in the nest.




 

 

Yesterday it was a gorgeous day..sunny, fairly warm, but very windy. I had to go to Plymouth again (3rd. time this week) to buy groceries for a 90th birthday party I am giving my aunt tomorrow. We will also celebrate my mother's 91st birthday and my husbands 69th. Since I had to go to Plymouth, I also went to the beach. I walked the bike path and the beach, and then sat on the sand protected by a small cedar tree to take photos of the ospreys and gulls. 

While at the beach, I met a lovely lady (Mary) who was with her young granddauhter also taking photos. We spoke for sometime. How nice chance encounters are when you meet someone who shares your interest.

Here are a few other photos that I took.


The lighthouse photos were taken from the bike path..and they were far away in the harbor. The red light is the Bug Light


                  The lighthouse in the background is the Plymouth Light

 Time spent at the beach really clears my head and is always peaceful to me. If I ever win the lottery I would buy a house overlooking the beach.
Elaine

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

After such a hard winter, it's so nice to enjoy your spring beach photos.