Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pear Card

I use to rubber stamp all the time, but in the past few years I've hardly used my rubber stamps at all.  Recently, I  made rubber stamped postcards for a swap. After finishing my stamped postcards I decided  I should dig out my stamps and get back to stamping.
I made a card for an monthly lottery that the theme was Pears. The background colors on the card are not as muted as seen here.
The brown cardstock base card is stamped in sepia ink with an Art Impressions brick/wall background stamp.
On the background card is a piece of  scrapbook paper with writing on it. The next layer is some of the painted dryer sheets that I had left over from another project that I did earlier this year. I then layered a painted and stamped matboard tile with the stamped pear. The stamp of the pear is from A Stamp in the Hand and colored directly onto the stamp with Marvy markers. I hadn't used that technique in a very long time and was surprised to find that some of my markers still were usable and hadn't dried out.
To finish my card I added some chucnky copper glitter. I had fun creating the card, and I guess I should use my stamps more often.

2 comments:

Patti G. said...

Yes Elaine, drag those stamps out and ccccccreate! This pear card is super beautiful and sounds like you had great fun making it!
Hugs,Patti

creativelenna said...

yes, i think you should get out your stamps, elaine! This is a beautiful, layered card. I really like it.
hugs, lenna