Tuesday, March 26, 2013

ATC..art for today

 collaged art paper we made in RI

I recently came across a large sheet of kraft paper that was altered several years back at an art retreat in Rhode Island hosted by Linda R.and Irene Z. Our  group of ladies all  met on the internet thru  the Yahoo rubber stamp group Stampsmith .

The art retreat participants came from all over the United States and stayed for a week at the homes of Irene and Linda. What fun we had... a time of  lasting friendships, sharing, eating, sightseeing, and so much laughter. We learned so many interesting new things in the classes that different gals taught and shared each July with the group. (beading, bookbinding, polymer clay, mixed media, sewing, painting silk scarfs, and the list goes on and on.

One such project that we did was to lay out on the kitchen table a roll of kraft paper. We each used different tools such as...rubber stamps, scrapers, sponges, brushes, paints and inks to add design and color to the plain kraft paper. We worked on an area briefly and then moved around the table to keep adding texture and color until the paper was completely covered and we were satisfied with the finished piece. (the paints and inks used were blues, rust, gold, bronze, silver, white, green, and red). It was a fun project and each one of us brought home a large decorated sheet of that paper.

 Kliban cat whats cooking atc2

I had fun creating this quick and easy Kliban cat ATC.  I glued  a piece of the decorated painted paper on a ATC size piece of watercolor paper. I added the words using my Dymo label maker. The back of this ATC will have a recipe on it.

Elaine

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Very cool ATC and great idea for recipe cards.

Barbara said...

Catching up Elaine. Love all your getaway photos, thanks! I'm always amazed with what you do with paper. I admit it's not my thing to work with paper, and every time I pass that department in AC Moore, I think of you!