Thursday, April 11, 2013

Vintage Finds

vintage pin needle holder4wood holder with tightly curled paper inside that hold  pins and needles

vintage pin needle holder view from toptop view

vintage pin needle holder bottom 15 centswood bottom ...15 cents

I rotated the pin holder so I could photograph around the whole piece

vintage pin needle holder1 vintage pin needle holder2 vintage pin needle holder3 vintage pin needle holder5   

This pin/needle holder came to me after my husbands aunt, Anne passed away. I found the pin holder in her sewing basket  The pins in this pin holder have been there since I received this piece. Many of the pins are still in the original holes and had never been removed to be used.

I also have a tiny box with a silk cocoon inside, but I can't put my hands on that at the moment.

I can't remember where I found this 1907 Waltham Watch Company repair kit box. Inside was a packet with a main spring, a wrist watch face and parts, and another container filled with watch parts.

vintage waltham watch box1907 Waltham Watch repair kit box

vintage waltham watch box w closed containersclosed containers

vintage waltham watch box w open containers2    open containersvintage waltham watch box w open containers

I've had the watch repair kit and pin holder for many years. I love old things, don't you?

vintage tatting booka very fragile old crochet, tatting , knitting instruction booklet. Tatting  is a lost art. I wish I knew how to do it.

Elaine

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh, how I love this post! I have a shelf full of old sewing notions, just love them also. You may have authentic parts for something steam punk! The pin holder is a treasure.

Joanne Huffman said...

These are great treasures.