Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bluebird Sighting

Tom and I went out to breakfast this morning, and when we got back home I noticed a flock of bluebirds sitting on the telephone wires and on a tree in a neighbors yard. I was so excited to see them. I have had bluebird houses in our yard since we moved into our house 37 years ago. One spring bluebirds landed in the yard, checked out my bluebird houses, and drank from the birdbath, but they never stayed. So I am hoping this will be the year that they decide to nest in the yard. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Bluebirds do winter in our area, and can be found around the cranberry bogs, rivers and streams. Robins also winter in our area, and every year more and more seem to stay. I often wonder how all these birds survive with all the snow and ice.

1 comment:

Tammy D said...

Well I don't know about your way, but one winter my folks had 6 pair of bluebirds all move into one of their bluebird house. They have no idea how they all got into it. It was a mild winter over all, but they did have some really cold days.