Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shell journal

Over the weekend I went to Cape Cod to spend some time with my cousins. While there I went thrift shopping, visited quilt shops for fabric, and also went to Colorful Creations scrapbook store.
I bought papers, stamps and microscope and glass piece plastic covers.
For a craft project my cousin and I used 2 large scallop shells for a Shell photo journal covers. The pages were made from cardboard that was traced to the shape of the shell. Then on both sides beach themed scrapbook paper was traced and cut and glued. Holes were punched, and threaded thru the shells, tied, and charms were added. I haven't quite finished this project yet, as I have to go thru my photos to use in this journal. Next time I may just trace the shell shape onto the photos instead of using paper, and glue the photo to the cardboard. The pages also have rubber stamped areas with sayings and images. We had a fun time working on this project.
Will post pictures as soon as I finish my shell journal.

2 comments:

Nancy B said...

Wow! What a gorgeous book that shell made.
Welcome to blogging. I hope you love it as much as I do.

artistedelight said...

I love it!! That gives me an idea to make a memory book from our trip to Cape Cod as well! Good luck with your blog--you have a nice start.