Monday, March 29, 2010

2 x 2 tiles for a swap

 I had to make 18 tiles for a swap.
Set #1...9 tiles. I started with black mat board, painted the mat board with Tim Holtz crackle paint, but the paint didn't crackle for some reason. I then painted sheer gold over the first layer of paint, and added some Radiant Pearls. Used the heat gun to dry the RP's, stamped a background in sepia colored ink, added a picture, some decorative paper, mini scrabble tiles-a letter for each participants first initial of their name, and finished with thick copper glitter.
Set#2...9 tiles. Stamped images into polymer clay, rubbed perfect pearls and then rubbed a light coat of a sheer gold paint because I couldn't find any Future Floor polish or my clear gloss clay glaze. I glued buttons, and charms on the clay tiles. With the glare of the flash it is hard to see the details.

No comments: