Friday, September 17, 2010

A New Vehicle and a little art

It has been days since I last wrote on my blog. I'd been busy looking at new vehicles. We hadn't bought a new vehicle since 1993. Drove that Dodge Caravan until it had 248,000 miles on it, and not much paint. Six years ago we bought a used Saturn wagon with 54,000 miles. The car now has 124,500 miles on it, it is still in excellent shape, but it is so low to the ground that I had a hard time getting in and out of it. So, last Saturday afternoon we bought a 2011 Kia Sorento. We picked it up from the dealers on Tuesday afternoon. The Kia has a 200,000 mile warranty as the dealer doubled the warranty. It is bigger and so much higher than my little wagon, and I am still very cautious driving it and learning how everything works. I find I still take the wagon out to do errands. Crazy, huh? :-)

While working in the yard this past week I must have come into contact with poison ivy. I don't remember touching any, but my right hand and forearm is loaded with it. I keep putting on Caladryl lotion, but the itching is driving me nuts. Ugh!!! Next time I will wear a long sleeve shirt instead of a short sleeve shirt when I work in the yard. The temperature is starting to drop especially at night fall and cold weather is coming too quickly. So, have been busy picking the garden. Our cranberry harvest will probably start on Monday and I will share some photos when they start water picking the berries. There are some old harvest photo's on my picture trail site if you haven't seen them.

 It's been a busy week. Went to my doctor on Monday to have the wrist/hand looked at that I injured in August. Since it has been a month and it's still not a 100% I figured it was time to do something about it. I think nurses are the worst about going to see the doctor.  My primary care  doctor sent me to an orthopedic doctor on Wednesday, and now I am waiting for an MRI appointment. How fun is that? NOT!!!!!! I don't look forward to that at all.

I bought some nice crisp MacIntosh apples from this years crop the other day, and they are so crunchy and  yummy. I think I will make some caramel and red candy coated apples on a stick, as it's been many years since I did that.  Reminds me of my childhood and carnivals and also when my son's were small. I always made them for them at Halloween. I just need to drag out my red candy recipe that I dip the apples into. Time for homemade apple crisp too. I have used the same recipe since I was in 7th grade. It is a favorite with my family.

Today has been a grey and dreary, rainy day, and so this afternoon I sat down and started making a Halloween pop up card. Wow, it has been years since I made one, and I forgot how much fun they were to make. I am always trying new techniques and sometimes the old techniques that I learned when I first started stamping in 1990 are fun to go back to.  I have also been working on a few other Halloween tags/cards and I will post pictures when I finish them. I am so behind on my journal pages too as my wrist has bothered me, and I haven't done much crafting at all lately.  I better get started, as I have some swaps to complete for this  month. Have a wonderful weekend.
elaine signature3

No comments: