Monday, September 30, 2013

So Sorry

It has come to my attention that my blog has been hacked. When you are reading my blog or looking at photos another screen pops up and redirects you to another page. I have contacted blogger, but haven't received a response on how to fix this problem. Urrghh!!

I am so very sorry that this happened and if anyone was turned off, I truly appologize, but it was beyond my control. Darn hackers!!! I can't believe that some get their kicks doing stuff like this. If the page you are looking at changes to another screen, hit the back button immediately or close the new page that pops up without opening it.
I am now in a quandry of what to do about my blog...shut it down or start a new one. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem, I'd love to hear from you if this has happened to your blog. I'm not sure how I can transfer my blog content to a new blog, and how difficult that will be. Again, if you have done this in the past please leave a comment to tell me how you accomplished this. Do I just try and copy everything to a disk?

 Barbara, thanks for letting me know that there was a problem when viewing my blog.

Elaine



1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm not abandoning your blog, Elaine. It is too special to me. I don't know the answer going forward but I think if this happened to me, I'd somehow back up my current blog, then put an announcement there saying I'm moving to a new one. Starting from scratch anew, new name and all, seems to me the only sure-fire way to get rid of the problem. Then it's up to you whether you actually delete to old blog or not. It can just sit there for safekeeping, but no one who follows you will have a reason to go to it anymore. In a short time, the new one would take hold, and hopefully never be hacked.