Sunday, September 22, 2013

Walk to End Alzheimer's

Yesterday, Saturday, September 21st,  I participated in a Walk to End Alzheimer's in Plymouth. Over
1,200 people participated in the walk. There were two options for the walk..a mile or a 2.2 miles. We walked the 2.2. Our team of 3, raised over $1,600. Between donations online and checks and cash..I raised $590.00. You can visit my personal walk page
Walk to End Alzheimer's banner

start of walk under the balloon arch in Pilgrim Memorial Park at the Plymouth Harbour waterfront...near Plymouth Rock and Mayflower ll.
our team...my s-i-l, Terry, me, my cousin, Cheryl in the back.The wind was really blowing when this photo was taken.

 Plymouth harbor with commorants sunning on rocks in the harbor
Mayflower ll  

  The Promise Garden 
Garden of flowers. After the walk we all looked for our personalized flowers in the Garden of Flowers that had been planted after the walk started. There were 4 colors of flowers. Blue..I have Alzheimer's, Yellow...I am supporting or caring for someone with Alzheimer's, Orange...I support the cause and vision of a world without Alzheimer's, Purple...I have lost someone to Alzheimer's. I took a yellow flower for my mom, and a purple flower for my Grandmother. We all wrote a message on the flowers. After the walk I brought my flowers to my mom.

 It was a gorgeous day. A little windy which made it perfect for walking. Our team consisted of my cousin, Cheryl, my sister in law, Terry and myself. We raised over $1,600. Over 1,200 people participated in the walk. It was a great day. We already have plans to walk again next year.

Our cranberry season for 2013 started Thursday, but I didn't get to see the first day of our wet harvest.


My husband had been in the hospital for 8 days with a very large left lower lobe pneumonia, and my 89 year old aunt had been in the hospital and then rehab so I have been busy, doing a lpt of running from my parents, rehab and hospital. I brought my aunt home around noon on Friday, and later that afternoon my husband. Tom still has pneumonia, but he is doing much better, but will continue on antibiotics for another week.

Elaine

2 comments:

Barbara said...

You are all heroes to walk and raise money to end Alzheimer's. My Dad is a victim of that disease, and at age 95 it is the most frustrating thing for him and those he loves. Thank you, Elaine.

Joanne Huffman said...

Congratulations on your walk. I hope your husband gets better quickly. Take care of yourself!