Friday, July 6, 2012

In the Mood for more ATC's

Lately, I have been in the mood to create ATC's. They are quick and easy little works of art. I have several more ATC's in the various stages of completion, but not quite finished. I will share those with all of you as I finish them up. Today, I am sharing 2 of my creations with you.

First a simple ATC...using polished stone background that I created, collaged papers and image, and then to finish, I rubber stamped Fly Away.

atc bird on blue polished stone background fly away

The other ATC I created was a little more work as I had to do some cutting for this folded ATC.

 atc brown w buttons and 4 pointed flaps front3 Front of folded ATC... sorry, I know it is hard to see, but I used patterned double sides scrapbook paper, cut out my pattern, added touches of gold with a sponge brush. I cut off the shanks of buttons and then glued the buttons to the 4 points.

atc brown w buttons and 4 pointed flaps inside2inside of ATC..I used fragile, 1800's printed paper from an old magazine, collaged a photo, and stamped ART.

atc brown w buttons and 4 pointed flaps back1 back of ATC with touches of gold paint.

I had fun creating these, and I hope you enjoyed my creations.

I don't care for air conditioning in the bedroom, and so at night I have the windows open and have the ceiling fan on. I have day lilies growing under one of the bedroom windows, and the sweet fragrance that comes in with the night breezes is heavenly. The lily stalks are over 5 feet high. The stalks are loaded with buds and blossoms.

yellow day lilies1 july 2012 yellow day lilies2 july 2012

Elaine

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Love your ATCs, especially the folded one. The lilies are beautiful.