Thursday, July 26, 2012

Oh Deer Me!

7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog facing woods listening and watching8when I first spotted the deer and took the photo from the car. I really need to get a better camera to keep in my glove box with a bigger zoom lens so I can get photo at a distance that you can tell what I am trying to get a picture of.
7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog head down eating when I first saw himtaken from the car
7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog facing woods listening and watching7taken when I got out of the car..still pretty far away
   7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog facing woods listening and watching2 watching7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog facing woods listening and watching3 deciding what to do as he watched me and then would look around
7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog facing woods listening and watching4 watching 7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog facing woods listening and watching5 7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog facing woods listening and watching6   I was taking baby steps as I got closer to take photos
7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog facing woods listening and watching1stopped eating and was listening and watching ...so beautiful.
 7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog facing woods getting ready to runI was only 4-5 car lengths away on the side of the cranberry bog before  he started to move to a safer spot
7.26.2012 deer on morse bros bog running awaywhite tail up, and bounding away to a spot on the bog farther away from me, but he still stayed to eat more cranberries.

It was a gray morning with rain showers off and on and I wanted to get my errands done before it started to rain in earnest.
I had to run to the grocery store.. I stopped at my aunts to see if she needed anything at the store and asked if she wanted to go. We drove to Carver, to Shaws Supermarket. I picked up more jelly jars and strawberries so I can make more jam this afternoon.
On the way home, as we were driving past the Morse Brothers cranberry bogs I spotted a male deer with his antlers just forming eating cranberries on the bog.                                                                     Drats, I only had my small zoom camera in the car. I stopped on the side of the road, and took a couple pictures from the car. I decided to get out of the car as that would be the only way to get decent pictures. I didn't know how close I would be able to get in my quest for getting better pictures.
I moved very slowly along the side of the bog, like in the game we use to play..Red Light. Tiny steps at a time. I kept my camera up so I could see in the view find, and kept snapping pictures as I moved along, because I didn't know how they would come out. Thankfully, I got some good shots.        Every now and again the deer would look up at me, but I would stand perfectly still and he would go back to eating. I got to about 4-5 car lengths before he bounded off to another spot on the bog closer to the woods.

I did make another batch of strawberry jam in the afternoon.
Elaine

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Even with only your small zoom, you got some great shots.