Sunday, January 30, 2011

Itty Bits

When I took a ride to Cape Cod on Thursday, I stopped at Tumbleweeds Quilt shop on Rte. 6-A, Barnstable. I love the kiddie swimming pool that is near the door as you enter the shop. The little swimming pool has plastic pails and shovels and is filled with rolls of fabric. There are shovels to dig thru the rolled up itty bits (1/8 yard pieces of fabric), and the pails are for you to put your fabric choices in.  The price of the 1/8 yard fabric rolls is 50 cents.
I never have a project in mind when I start digging in that pool of itty bits. I just buy fabric that I like the color or pattern of.  This time, I bought shells, lighthouse/beach themed, birds, hearts, leaves, flowers, cooking, sewing, paw prints, flamingos, chickens.  These pieces have many uses, but I love making fabric postcards or covering  journals or books that I make with the fabric. Every time I go to the Cape, I have to stop and see what's new in the kiddie pool that I just can't live without. I just love fabric and I probably have more than I could use in a lifetime, but I just keep buying it. :-)
1.28.11 fabric 1 1.28.11 fabric 2
1.28.11 fabric 3
 elaine signature3

No comments: