Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Day 9 Tim tag

I didn't do much of anything today as I am still not feeling well. I had a hard time staying awake, because I am  taking cough syrup with codeine in it. I hope it helps the cough, because my insurance copay was $45 for that small bottle. WOW!

I got up for a little bit this afternoon and decided to work on my day 9 Tim tag. I am slowly but surely finishing up my 12 days of Christmas tags. It is fun to see what you can come up with to put your own spin compared to the original tag.

I don't own the rosette die and so I didn't know what I was going to use for a rosette. I spied a roll of sheer green Christmas ribbon sitting on my desk and I decided to make a rosette of sorts. I didn't have any ribbons in a color that would look like the paper rosette that Tim created. After some thought I decided to go with a more Christmas colored tag since I had bright green ribbon. If I would have felt better, maybe I would have tried making rosette out of fabric.
 Day 9 2nd tag
I cut out and enlarged the Joy to World sheet music from Tim's seasonal stack of scrapbook papers on my color copier. I prepared my tag with inks, glued down the sheet music to the tag.
I then hand stitched a row of thread to gather my ribbon rosette.
I had some double sided silver tinsel ribbon/fiber that I bought on a 70% clearance. I trimmed the fringe off of one side and then glued the fringe to the back edge of the rosette.

I did have the pewter heart and crown to use in the center of my sheer rosette that Tim used on his tag, I only had those, because I bought a package that had those charms in it on sale the other day.  I glued down the rosette to my tag. I rubber stamped the word Peace. Glued some red, green and clear buttons to add to the right side. I made dots using black enamel accents.  I grabbed some pearls from my bead stash and put them onto head pins. I then hung the pearls from my ribbon.
I really like the colors on this tag instead of just using shades of brown. You can go into the December archives of  Tim's blog to see all of his tags.
elaine signature3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag...

Tammy D said...

Wonderful work.

Diann said...

Another lovely tag...I'm a big fan on tags!
Hope you are feeling better! Diann