Monday, January 23, 2012

Rainbow ink pads

butterfly woman collage stamp
I bought the Hampton Arts stamp pictured above quite sometime ago at Michael's on sale. Why did I buy it? Well, I liked the face of the woman. After getting the stamp home I had inked it up, stamped it out, and wasn't sure what to do with it.              I wish I hadn't inked it, because that meant I had to keep the stamp. Have you ever bought stamps or other stuff, and then wonder what the heck you were thinking ?                                                                    
Anyway, the stamp just sat in a drawer, and I finally decided that I better use it. I had some old rainbow ink pads and inked up the stamp on them. After I stamped the image onto white paper. I didn't really like the dark colors on the image. I decided to take a wet paint brush and brush over the wet ink so the colors would blurr and run a bit to give it a watercolored look.
butterfly woman collage stamped card1 butterfly woman collage stamped card2 butterfly woman collage stamped card3 butterfly woman collage stamped card4
When the papers with the image had dried I cut navy and red cardstock to make greeting cards. I added some mulberry and other pieces of paper to the base card and attached the stamped image. I then added  a Tim Holtz word ticket to finish off each card.
Elaine

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I totally get why you bought it in the first place, Elaine. That face is special. Good for you finding a way to use it again! I love it.