Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Orioles and Robins

Yesterday I had to go to the dermatologist for my annual skin cancer check up. Luckily the doctor didn't find any this time that had to be surgically removed, but he did find a few pre cancerous spots on my face that he zapped with liquid nitrogen. That stuff burns like crazy when it is used.  Today, I have red, swollen,blisters on my check and a couple of places on my nose..not pretty. It takes a about a week for the areas to heal. Can't wait!

When I got home yesterday afternoon from the doctors, I heard a Baltimore Orioles sweet calls. I had been hearing the Orioles for about a week, but hadn't seen them. I was standing at the kitchen door, and just happen to catch a flash of black and orange as an oriole landed on the big cherry tree in the side yard. By the time I grabbed my camera, zoomed in on the bird at the top of the tree, I was only able to get one quick picture before it flew off. I am hoping to getter a better photo next time I see the bird.

Baltimore Oriole 5.7.12

Today, I went to pay a few bills and while out I stopped at WalMart and I bought some nice fabric that was on clearance. I want to try sewing some pillowcases to give as gifts. When I got back home this afternoon as I was walking around the yard looking at my Iris that are blooming, I spotted a robins eggshell. I haven't spotted a nest yet, but I am sure it is nearby.robins egg

Don't you just love spring?

Elaine

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

I really love the photo of the cracked egg.