Thursday, June 21, 2012

Betty Boop

betty boop

I signed up for a swap in the group that I belong to,  An Affair with Art. For a June swap theme we had to pick a female cartoon character to create a post card. Since I had an old (2004) Betty Boop desk calendar I picked Betty Boop to use on my post card.    I guess it pays to hang onto things, because you just never know when you may find a use for the item.

Betty Boop daily 2004 desk calender

I bought a unused Betty Boop calendar several years back at a yard sale for 50 cents, and the calendar has been sitting in a draw ever since. The  pages in the calendar have many Betty Boop pictures that look like pages from a coloring book. I colored the image I selected with colored pencils, cut out Betty, and added her to a water color beach scene that I painted.

Betty Boop postcard for Jeri 6.2012 Just Another day in Paradise

Did you know that Betty Boop started from a cartoon French Poodle and was then changed into a flirtatious flapper? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Boop

I received a post card from Jeri, and she used Little Lulu on her post card. Do you remember the comic book Little Lulu or am I dating myself here? :-)

Little Lulu postcard from Jeri 6.2012 the post card Jeri sent to me..Just Because

The past two days have been in the 90's. Triple H...hot, humid and hazy. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Elaine

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Fun post card! I didn't know about the French poodle part of Betty Boop's history. And, yes, I remember Little LuL