Thursday, August 9, 2012

Halloween Journal..a work in progress

Halloween witching hour never ending journal cover2
Today..I worked a bit in the garden, did laundry, and decided to work on a Halloween project. This project is another Never Ending Journal with 5 signatures. The covers are made of mat board and covered with handmade paper and the signatures are cardstock.  The pages can be swapped out easily when the signatures are full.
This small journal is far from finished. It is 4 1/2 x 5  3/4. I just thought I would share what I accomplished today. It felt so good to sit and create something.
Halloween witching hour journal cover1 cover..witching hour Journal
Halloween witching hour journal inside front cover crowinside cover..tag pocket. The tag needs to be decorated. 1st. signature
  Halloween witching hour journal skeleton under glass dome 2nd. signatureHalloween witching hour journal skull on weight scale page 3rd. signature
Halloween witching hour journal 4th signature not done 4th. signature, but I haven't done anything with it yet, other than add the zig zag orange polka dotted strip down the page.
Halloween witching hour journal crow on candleabra pagelast signature
Halloween witching hour last sign. and back cover left..last signature and back cover with a slash pocket and tag. The tag needs to be decorated.
Halloween witching hour never ending journal cover2 binding

I also have another Halloween book that I have been working on, but only the mat board pages are covered.

While in the garden today, I snapped a photo of blue dragonfly that had landed on an old piece of white plastic. The dragonfly looks deformed, but if you look closely you will see on the left side it's upper wing is up in the air. It really looks strange doesn't it?
dragonfly blue with lopsided wings
Update on my Dad...Tuesday night my Dad was discharged from the hospital. The nurse called me at 4 P.M., but I didn't get out of the hospital until 7 P.M.    Mom was glad to have Dad home, and Dad was thankful to be home. He is doing well and looks good.
Yesterday, I took my Mom to the doctors, and then I did grocery shopping for my parents. 
Elaine

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Neat, Elaine! Is it possible, Halloween thinking? Here we go again. :)))

Joanne Huffman said...

Neat Halloween work. The dragonfly looks like a great image to put into some art work. Good news about your dad (my husband just got out of the hospital yesterday and is very happy to be home).