I haven't had much time to do art lately, and this morning I just felt like sitting down and working on art projects
I dragged out some supplies and went to work. I just finished working on the swaps that I joined for the month of June. I had never made a button fairy. That was one of the swaps for this month. I didn't sign up until I tried my hand at making one. I didn't want to commit myself to a swap if my fairy ended up looking awful. It has been cloudy all day, and the fairies buttons look dark in the picture from the digital camera.
I used a clay face glued onto a smashed bottle cap on one, and the other I glued a face onto the bottle cap and then coated it with dimensional magic. I also hung beads from the bottoms.
Click on all photo's to enlarge them.
I worked on my fairy first thing this morning. I found lots of great buttons in my stash, but the one's I really liked had four holes. So, after I made my button selections I made my versions of a button fairy. I had two color choices out, so I decided to made a second fairy. For my version I used silk flowers for the wings on one, and gold colored leaves that I had found in a clearance bin at Michael's on the other. I had fun making them. I have other versions floating around my head waiting to be made up. Have you made a button fairy? I had a lot of fun making mine. What do you think for a first attempt?
The second swap I signed up for I had to make one tag using the color green. When I went to the Cape on Tuesday, I bought a new mermaid stamp that is made by Cats Life Press, at Colorful Creations scrapbook store. I love Cats Life Press rubber stamps. They have some really fun images. I have wanted that mermaid image for quite sometime. The store ordered the stamp for me, and it had come in. Perfect timing!
My tag for this swap just had to use my new mermaid stamp. I cut out a tag shape using handmade green paper that I backed with another handmade paper. The background has sheet music- Mermaids, stippled in green ink. Rubber stamped seaweed, and then I added some small silk leaves. On the seaweed I added a bit of glitter glue. I also put glitter glue on the wings of the Mermaid fairy. On the bottom of the tag I used heavy Golden gel medium that I sprinkled on some white, Florida beach sand and a few sprinkles of what looks like fine sawdust that I bought years ago from Judi Kins. The gel medium also has shells that I collected while beachcombing in Florida . There is also a bit of glitter glue on the shells. If you have followed my blog, you know that I really like mermaids. I love all the textures on this tag, and loved creating this one.
The third swap I signed up for was super easy. I had to make two gift tags using papers from the Mariposa Stack of 12 x 12 inch scrapbooking paper by DCWV. I had bought the stack on a clearance sale awhile back. Beautiful papers, you hate to use it up.
So, after I completed my button fairies and the green tag, I started work on the gift tags swap. I'm not sure if I am going to punch a hole in the gift tags and add a ribbon, or put double stick foam blocks on the back.
Since my sewing machine was still out from my last sewing project. I created a small bird pin. I found a scrap piece of batik fabric that I really liked. I thought it would make a nice bird pin. I rubber stamped an image of a bird in black Staz on ink onto the fabric. I added a pin back.
So, these are my artsy projects that I completed today. No housework was done like I should have been doing, but this was a lot more fun. Hope you enjoyed viewing what I created. Leave a comment if you like and come back again soon.