Thursday, July 1, 2010

13 month altered deck of cards project

I am participating in a 13 month  altered deck of card project. The requirements call for altering a suit of cards a month. One card a week. We also have to have the suit and number on the card. We aren't swapping the cards so we will each end up with a full altered deck.  Updated July's themes are: 2 clubs- bathing beauties, 2-diamonds, 2 hearts-summer, sun, and 2 spades-yellow.

I had already started working on a card- yellow using the 2 of clubs.  But, after I altered the card below the rules changed up a bit. I got lucky with the right suit but not the correct theme. I used gesso to cover the card. Then painted the card with radiant pearls, covered that with a dryer sheet. When the card was dry, I did a little stamping, and then added my images. Wrong themed. Time to start again.

So, my card would be correct I started with a new  2 of clubs card and did a mermaid bathing beauty.At this point I'm not sure if I am going to stick with a mermaid theme. I will probably end up with several decks of cards till I think this thru some more. My bathing beauty mermaid image is from a napkin. I glued tissue paper for the background, added the mermaid, and then more napkin for the waves. 

Week 1: July 1, 2010                                 correct card
deck of card 2 clubsdeck of card swap 2 clubs bathing beauty

1 comment:

Tammy D said...

This is so beautiful. I love stuff like this.