Saturday, June 4, 2011

Alphabet Art tags..A is for art, B is for birds and the beach

I belong to a yahoo online group, An Affair with Art where Jeri  suggested we create Alphabet Art.
 We will keep our own art which will be designed around each letter of the alphabet. We can create our art on whatever we want. I chose to make tags, and I when I finish the swap I will put all the tags together to create a book.
 I will try to stay as much on a My Favorite Things theme as possible. I will be using both sides of the tags so one side isn't blank. I haven't made my tag book covers yet but this morning I did start my first tags..letters
A and B. My tags are simple, but were fun to work on.
We are suppose to create our art on the 1 st. and 15th of the month, but since I don't know if will be able to keep to that schedule I am going to work on my art tags whenever time permits so my tag book gets finished. I cut out my tags using my Big Kick and the Tim Holtz tag die using manilla folders from the dollar store.                                         
alphabet tag A front Front of A tag...I used Tim's peeled paint, shabby shutters, spiced marmalade, dried marigold, and black soot distress inks. I sprayed the stamped tag with Smooch Spritz Gold Glow, but the glow really doesn't show in the photos.
alphabet tag A back Back of A tag...I used Tim's spiced marmalade, shabby shutters, peeled paint, dried marigold and black soot distressed inks. I glued down old sheet music and used Tim's old paper distress ink, and then gave everything a coat of Smooch Spritz Gold Glow.

alphabet tag B front Front of B tag.. I used Tim's Faded Jeans and Broken China and Black Soot distress inks. Then glued a strip of bird eggs that were in an embellishment package from Michael's  for the right side border and chipboard robins. I also added a 3 -D butterfly and stamped the letter B with a scrabble tile rubber stamp.
alphabet tag B back B tag back side...Beach themed scrapbook paper cut out with the Tim die, and stamped seagulls.

I took a few photos from my yard this morning of my clematis that are just starting to bloom. I would love to find a double white one, and will go looking later today.

clematis 2011 elaine striped clematis 2011 elaine clematis 2011 elaine2

My mom will have plenty of company today, and I am taking a day for myself. Mom was really good yesterday, like she was before she ended up in the hospital with the UTI. I pray that my mother has a lot of good days ahead.
 I want to thank all of you who have sent me encouraging emails and have left such nice comments on my blog...God Bless each of you. :-)

Yesterday before I took my dad for blood work I took him around the bogs. I only had my cell phone with me, but I did take more photos of rebuilding a bog. I will download them later and add them to my older note..Rebuilding a Bog

Have a wonderful weekend.
elaine signature3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine these are awesome ma'am and your flowers are SO pretty!!!!!! I'm so happy to see you've gotten some time to create!!! You SO needed that!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

Delightful tags! Your flowers are lovely' I bet your garden is wonderful. I'm glad to hear your mom is having some good days. I hope you have more time for gardening and art.

Susan said...

Pretty tags Elaine. So glad you got some time for yourself!