Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 1 of the 12 days AAWA swap

2011 AAWA day 1 packaging of 12 day swap
Finally, the day has arrived to open our first gift. In the online group, An Affair with Art every December we have a Christmas swap.  The swap...12 days of Christmas.
This year there were enough signups for 3 groups of 12. I was assigned to group 3, day day 8.
Everyone in the swap had to create 12 small, handmade gifts and mail them off to the ladies in their assigned group.  Gwynn had day 1 and here is her cute  ornament. It is hard to see, but there is curled copper wire with little bells hanging from the bottom of the heart. And, wasn't the packaging Gwynn created to put her ornament in, just the cutest? I loved it, and am keeping the little decorated brown bag.

2011 AAWA day 1 of 12 day swap front
2011 AAWA day 1 Gywnn back of 12 day swap
 

The jingling in the package had me wondering for days what little gift was inside the pretty package. Can't wait for tomorrow morning to open my day 2 package.
I haven't had much time in the past several days to update my blog or even work on any Tim 12 days tags. If I get to finish my version of his tags anytime soon isn't looking very promising. We shall see how it goes after the holidays.
I still need to make and mail out my Christmas cards, wrap presents, bake and time is just slipping away. 
We had a lovely 93rd birthday party for my dad last Saturday. Dad really enjoyed being with family.
12.10.2011 dads 93rd bday dad  cake in box
12.10.2011 dads 93rd bday dad w cake dad
12.10.2011 dads 93rd bday kelly lighting candles on cake with dadmy niece Kelly lighting the candles
   12.10.2011 dads 93rd bday dad blowing out candles cake blowing out the candles
12.10.2011 dads 93rd bday katie and bellaBella and Katie
Well, I better get to doing my errands and then get to my card making.  I hope everyone isn't as far behind as I am this holiday season. I wonder if I can find some elves to come and help me wrap gifts.
elaine signature3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable ornament and bag. Your Dad looked very happy & Bella is really growing!