Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finished my Advent tags in Time

2011 advent fabric calendar all strung all the tags all strung up
Yes, today is December 1st, and I did finish my Advent tag calendar in time. Yesterday morning I completed 3 more tags before leaving for the day to take my parents to doctor appointments, shopping, lunch and for a ride.  I got back home around 4:30 p.m., and since I knew we were having left over's for supper, I started sewing right away.
I finally finished sewing  my tags around 7 p.m. Whew!!! The finished tags are approximately 3 x 5. I want to make a couple more of these calendars for gifts, but I will probably make the tags a bit smaller. Why? When the tags are strung out on the wide rick rack it takes up a lot of room. There are a few tags that came out a little wonky shaped, and I will do those over again.
To start the calendar I used a piece of Laurel Burch Christmas material on the pocket. I liked the bright colors and the words on the top of the pocket. So, I decided that after every 5 tags, I would do another Laurel Burch tag. The colors aren't traditional Christmas colors, but I didn't care, as I liked the bright colored tag pockets. I wish I had more of that material.
Last night I looked high and low for my # 15 clothes pin. I finally found it under the recliner, I guess the kitties thought it was a toy.
 2011 advent fabric calendar 1.3 tags days 1-32011 advent fabric calendar 4.6 tags days 4-62011 advent fabric calendar 7.9 tags days 7-92011 advent fabric calendar 10.12 tags 10-122011 advent fabric calendar 13.15 tags 13-152011 advent fabric calendar 16.18 tags 16-182011 advent fabric calendar 19.21 tags 19-212011 advent fabric calendar 22.25  tags 22-252011 advent fabric calendar strung1  2011 advent fabric calendar left side
I am so happy that I made this calendar that I found on the Skip tp my Lou blog. I am going to make a few more to give as gifts, that is if I get them done in time for this year. If not, then the calendars will be given as gifts next year.
Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I would love to know what you think of my tags. Happy December!!!
elaine signature3

5 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

I love your Advent tags!

Clara said...

Wow, Elaine! You've been very busy! All your tags are beautiful...

Anonymous said...

I turned out wonderful!! TFS

Diann said...

Love your tags - wonderful Advent Calendar! Diann

Joanne Huffman said...

Your tags are delightful. I, too, love Laurel Burch Christmas fabric (used it to make my Christmas purse).