Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bin of Fabric

Do you love fabric? I just love all the wonderful patterns and colors. I could spend hours looking thru all the fabrics in a fabric/quilt shop. Yesterday, on my way home from running errands, I stopped at the local quilt shop in town to see what was in their bargain bin.. Pieceful Quilter's is a lovely little shop, and I just love digging thru the big  bin of scrap fabrics. :-) The pieces are ends of bolts, and fabric scraps left over from quilting projects.
The bin is filled with scraps...large and small. I always seem to find some really lovely pieces. You get to fill a 6 x 10 inch plastic baggie with as much fabric as you can stuff into it for $5.00.  I select my pieces, and then lay them one on top of each other  and roll the pieces to fit as much as I can into that bag.  Yesterday, I found some really good sized pieces in the bin and all sizes in between. If I like a certain pattern, I will pick up several pieces of the one design. I like to make fabric postcards, envelopes, bookmarks, little fabric art quilties with the fabrics I find in the bin. Sometimes I am lucky enough to find lots of batik fabrics...my absolute favorite.
fabric in bag 4 filled 6 x 10 bag
Below: fabric that was stuffed into the bag.
fabric 5 my finds..fabric is rolled, and many of the pieces are multiples.
Closer up photos below.
fabric 1 fabric 2 fabric 3
elaine signature3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of fabric for the price! I need to go shopping with you and learn your method of stuffing that bag. Great finds, I especially like the blueberries!

Joanne Huffman said...

Love the fabrics you chose. You probably get a lot more into a bag than most people because of the rolling.