Monday, February 28, 2011

Scrabble Tiles and more

I still had my Dremel out this morning, and I thought I would make some pins and a few charms by drilling holes in some Scrabble game tiles and adding pin backs.
scrabble tile pins charms
I don't know if you can see what the charms are...so double click on the photo to see a bigger photo.
C - charm that looks like a Laurel Burch cat, G - angel, W - pair of flip flops, A - kitty, F -high heel, R -boxed heart, G - red heart
B & E scrabble tiles were made  into charms
I also found an old watch that came in a box of junk from a yard sale. The watch didn't run but the hands still moved. I added a jump ring and made it into a charm.
charm watch
Then when digging thru another box I found the ugly fella pictured below. The pendant is approximately 3 inches. Don't know where the heck I found or bought this piece, but I know I wouldn't have paid very much for it.   I plan on making a mold out of this pendant and then using paper clay or sculpey to make some skeletons for some Day of the Dead  or Halloween art.
 charm skeleton
elaine signature3

4 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

You are really on a charm[ing] roll! And, I think your skeleton will make a great mold - lots of Halloween and Day of the Dead possibilities.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

How cute! I need to get my dusty ole' dremel out!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Oh Elaine these look GREAT ma'am!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your imagination is what feeds these great results. I don't easily see possibilities when I'm looking at things like a broken watch. I need to start "thinking outside the box" I guess. Not surprising you have a plan for Halloween already! These are really neat, Elaine!