Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Christmas tag

2011 Holiday Christmas tag with handmade paper santa
I had a fun morning shopping today, and when I got back home this afternoon I finished the tag that I started the other day. I used a large manila tag for the base of my tag. Next I covered the tag with a holiday themed cardstock.  I layered a piece of handmade paper that I made several years ago onto the card stock. The handmade paper has pieces of feathery balsam branches and dried flowers. I then glued a Graphics 45 Santa image onto the handmade paper. To finish off the tag, I rubber stamped Merry Christmas onto white card stock with my new Tim Holtz ink pad (festive berries). The stamped card stock was layered onto corrugated cardboard. I chose a checked red/white ribbon to finish my tag.
I was out and about early this morning...first stop was to pay our cable bill. Then I headed to Rockland to see what bargains I could find for 35% off at the Crop Shop. Over a week ago the owner sent out an email, and  everyone thought she was basically closing her shop and just holding classes and crops. Today, I found out that isn't so after talking to the owner. Dee told me she is just downsizing the size of her store.  That was great news, because this scrapbook/stamp store has great stuff. The present store is really large (9 rooms and has 7 bathrooms). Can you imagine?                                                                                                               So, I still will have a wonderful place to shop. I am a happy camper!  Today on sale I got lots of wonderful 12 x 12 scrapbook papers, the 2 new 3  ink pad sets from Tim Holtz (fall and Christmas colors)  some ribbons, 7 Gypsies stuff and mat board for book covers and few other items. 
My next stop, was to Building 19 (salvage store) on Rte. 18 in Weymouth. You never know what you will find there, and if you see something you like, you better buy it because most likely they won't have it again. I didn't find much, but for $1.99 I bought 2- packages with 3 small Ancient Page ink pads in each package (pine, sienna, chocolate, leaf green, flamingo and Aegean blue).
ancient page ink pads
I also picked up for $2.99,  a Memories of a Lifetime Christmas  book with a CD. Both the  book and CD has lots of  copy write free images.
Christmas book with cd images
Next stop was to Gem-O-Rama in Hanover. I bought a few strands of gemstones. A few silver findings and a storage unit to store tubes of seed beads. The unit has a handle so that it can be carried or it can be folded or made into a tower. I have seed bead containers all over and hopefully this will keep the containers  in one place. I hope I don't have to buy a second tower unit. I had never seen one of these storage units before, and didn't think $14 was a bad price. It fits long and short tubes of beads.
 bead tube tower for seed beads
Next stop - Michael's in Hanover..I found a tablet of 9 x 12 sheets of clear acetate that was marked down to $6.99, but when I got to the register the male cashier gave me a 40% off coupon to use on it. Yeah, an even better bargain. I checked out the beads, but didn't see anything that caught my eye.
Final stop before heading home - Kingston...I stopped at Ocean State Job Lot...another store that you never know what they will have. I was looking for a tall climbing tower for my cats, but unfortunately today there were none in the store. I picked up some socks for my mother, and some coconut/chocolate candy for hubby. Well, that was my day.
elaine signature3

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

It sounds like you had a very productive day. I really like the images and layering if your tag.

Anonymous said...

Great tag, Elaine! Glad to hear that your store will not be closing and what great bargins you have found! Diann