Monday, November 21, 2011

Fabric..Snowman and Santa gift tags

2011 Christmas fabric gift tag snowman1
2011 Christmas fabric gift tag santa 2  On the yahoo group, An Affair with Art that I belong to, I signed up for a Christmas gift tag swap, but only after I completed my tags. We will be assigned 2 partners and I will be sending two tags to each swapper. The swap hasn't closed yet, so I don't know who I will be sending to.
My sewing machine was out, and I had holiday fabric so I decided to make fabric gift tags for the swap. For each tag I cut out with pinking shears a printed piece of fabric, for the middle a piece of stiff interfacing, and then a piece of white fabric for the backing. I stitched the tags, and with a thin point permanent marker wrote To and From on the back sides.  I then punched a hole with my crop o dile and placed a grommet with ribbon to hang the tag. I will send a snowman and a Santa to each swapper.
2011 Christmas fabric gift tag snowman2
  2011 Christmas fabric gift tag santa 1
The rules of the swap didn't specify the tags had to be made from paper.
Saturday, we went to my great niece Cassie's first birthday party. So, here are a couple of pictures of the birthday girl.
Cassie first birthday party sitting on floor all decked out for her party Cassie first birthday 1   loving the frosting
Cassie first birthday closeup cupcakeclose up of  Cassie's cupcake
Cassie first birthday cupcake treepretty cupcakes
elaine signature3

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

I love the idea of fabric tags. My sewing machine is one of my favorite art tools. Your grandniece wears her frosting well.

Barbara said...

Your gift tags are so special, gifts in themselves! Very cute baby pics, lovely little one who will be a heartbreaker some day!