Monday, December 31, 2012

Last posting of 2012

Since it's the last day of 2012, New Year's Eve Day this will be my last posting for 2012. This year flew by so fast. It was a busy year for me, and I didn't get to do much art to share here on my blog. I don't know where the weeks and months went to. As a child, time goes by slowly and as an adult the years just go too quickly.
I thought I would share with you two old periodicals I found in a box in the bottom of the closet in my craft room this morning. I had forgotten that I had them. Years back I bought a large stack of old 1800's magazines for 10 cents each at a library sale. Someone had donated the magazines and the women running the sale didn't know how to price them. Eventually they came up with the price..10 cents for each magazine. I helped them bag up the stack and I couldn't pay for them fast enough and get them to my car. I was so thrilled with my find that day. I guess I need to keep digging thru the closet to find the rest of my old magazines. I really hate tearing them up to use in art projects. I could photocopy the pages to use in my collages I suppose. Do you have that same problem, using one of kind vintage items?
Below are 2 Wood's Household Magazines..cost $1.00 for a years subscription when they were published.
Woods 1871 Household MagazineApril 1871
Woods July 1872 Household magazine July 1872

Woods 1871 1872 Household magazines 
I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve celebration. We will stay home tonight. No big celebrations for us, but we will probably order Chinese food for our dinner. Like most years lately, I will be fast asleep before the clock strikes midnight and I won't see the ball drop in Times Square on the television.
Elaine

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

What a fun find! I do share your reluctance to use vintage and antique ephemera, but am working on trying to stop hoarding it. Happy New Year to you!