Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Quick and Easy 5 minute Jello Salad

5 minute Jello salad (photo from Six Sisters Stuff Blog)

 http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/

I saw this recipe on Six Sister Stuff Blog.  but I have made this recipe in the past. I believe I first found this recipe in a Jello cookbook. I've also made a similar recipe that had chopped maraschino cherries, small marshmallows, dry Jello, cottage cheese, whipped cream and crushed pineapple. I am sure there are many versions of  dessert using Jello.

Prep. Time : 5 minutes
Total Time :5 minutes
Ingredients :

1 -8 oz container of low fat Cool Whip
1 - 1 4 oz container of Strawberry Jello ( you can substitute sugar free Jello)
1 - 12 oz container of fat free Cottage Cheese
1/2 pound of Slice Strawberries
1 Banana, sliced

Directions:

Put the cool whip and Jello in a large mixing bowl and whisk until they are well blended and most of the Jello dissolves into the cool whip.   Next fold in the cottage cheese, strawberries and bananas.  Put into the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.

You can use orange Jello with a can of drained mandarin oranges, Lime Jello with drained crushed pineapple. Peach Jello with drained diced peaches. Yum!  I think adding some chopped pecans or walnuts would be a great addition to this salad to add a bit of a crunch.

I don't usually use the banana when I make this recipe.

I love desserts that are quick and easy and look pretty, don't you. This easy dessert is nice to bring to a party if you can keep it cool.

Elaine

P.S.. I was happy with the scale reading last night when I weighed in at my Weight Watcher's meeting. Down another 3.9 pounds.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

This reminds me of salads from my childhood. Good for you on the Weight Watchers success.