Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Charm bracelet

Yes, I am still working on charms, and as I was going thru my bead findings I found a charm bracelet that I had picked up at Michael's a few months ago on a clearance sale. At the time I had no idea what I would do with it, but it was on sale, and I bought it.
This morning I started adding some of the charms I have created to the bracelets links. I will add a lot more charms after the swap from AAWA.  Last night, I found the last dog license that we had from our beloved golden retriever, Bear before he passed,  and so I made that into a charm. I have some bottle caps that I am working on and dominos. charm bracelet2
Below...enlarged photo of a small rubber stamped domino and a flattened bottle cap that I drilled a small hole at the top so it could be used as a charm. Now, I just need to put a protective coating on them.
charms domino and bottlecap
metal face, foreign coin, and two round wooden pieces that were rubber stamped
charms4
The bracelet looks pretty good when on my wrist. I still have some of my charm bracelets from the 60's when I was in high school. Everyone wore charm bracelets back then. 
When I went to put some letters in the mail this morning I noticed that snow had melted away from the foundation near the kitchen steps and that my daffodils had poked thru the ground. Yeah!!! A sign of spring. Larger patches of grass are appearing, but there is still a lot of snow covering the yard.
elaine signature3

2 comments:

E Makes Art said...

I love charm bracelets. They are so much fun and I like how they kind of jingle when you wear them! This one is fantastic!

I just wanted to thank you for the tags, I got them yesterday. Thanks for sending such a fun variety!

xoEsther

Anonymous said...

Your charmbracelet is amazing Elaine...how cool !!!!!
Liane :-)