Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Big 4-0...

My oldest son's girlfriend is turning 4o, and we are going out to celebrate her 4oth birthday at a Italian restuarant. We will be in a banquet room and I wanted to make something for a table centerpiece.  Wasn't sure what to make, and after some thinking I decided to make a table topper for a centerpiece.
Photo of the top of the table centerpiece made of fabric.
4oth wand top
I also made a black silk flower corsage with ribbons hanging and a pin back.  I know it is very hard to see the flower, because its black on black. What a job trying to find a black silk flower to use. I wish I hadn't added the silver Viva sparkle glitter writer to the leaves, but it was too late after I put it on. I do like the Viva product as it doesn't run and flatten out like Stickles.
40th corsage2 
I used a black and white bag that I stuffed with black tissue. Inside I nestled a black sparkle drink coozie with a piece of styrofoam inside. I had a kids wand that had a foam sparkle star on the top. I cut down the star to make a circle. I added glue to the stick and wrapped black ribbon, and then added some more black ribbon for streamers. I used Beyond Birthdays and ABC cricut cartridges to cut out BIG 40 that I layered and added to the bag front.
I then cut out 2 black sparkle cardstock circle pieces and glued that to the cut down foam piece. I then ironed black iron on heat n bond to polka dot and black fabrics. I used my Big Kick die cutter and Tim Holtz flower dies to cut the fabric pieces for my flower. I also cut out black tulle with the dies. The tulle was then scrunched up to make the flower center, and I stapled the tulle to the flower pieces, and glued a black rhinestone to the center. 40th table decor 40th table decor2 40th table decor3 40th table decor3
I took several pictures, but it is a very dark day and I just couldn't get a good photo.
Birthday card I made...layered cardstock, sponged Tim Holtz Black soot distress ink, with a crackle stamp for the cards background. Then Happy Birthday and the present were cut out on my cricut. I ran the words thru my xyron and they were added to cardstock. For the flower...I used a silver satin vellum that I stamped with black pigment ink and embossed with  clear embossing powder. I cut out 3 flowers and wrinkled the cut out flowers, then I stapled the 3 flowers together and added a black rhinestone to the center of the flower.
40th card

Tommy and Kelly who was celebrating her 40th birthday.
40th kelly and tommy
elaine signature3

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Wonderfully creative birthday accessories!! I didn't know about black being the color to use, is it a 40 thing? Neither your son nor his girlfriend look even near 40, and I wonder if I looked that young when I turned 40 (long ago!).