Wednesday, August 24, 2011

At the Beach photo journal

Beach journal front cover1
My photo journal isn't completely done, because I haven't decided what photos I want to use on the pages or the journaling that will go on each page. The journal still needs more embellishments added but again, I have to wait to see what photos will go on what pages.
The long envelopes I used in the journal were created by tracing a long envelope that I had. I would love to find envelope and sea related die cuts to use with my Big Kick for future journals. I painted the plain white paper flowers with twinkling H20's. I used fabric and ribbon on the clasps and fish net on the cover. Pieces of mat board were cut in different lengths for my pages that I then covered in scrapbook paper. Some of the papers were double sides others not. I punched the holes in the mat board with my Crop o dile .
Beach journal front cover1 front cover

Beach journal cover closeup of embellishmentsleft corner close up of front cover embellishments. The netting was pretty stiff so I didn't need to do anything to it other than make some folds and tack it down with foam dots so embellishments could be tucked in the folds.

Beach journal..cover1right side of cover
Beach journal back front cover  sun and sea and flowerinside cover
Beach journal green  half page matboard with shells and starfishfirst 1/2 page with mat board sand dollar and shells and star fish.
Beach journal back of small matboard page with sanddollarback of sand dollar page
Beach journal front blue polka dot envelope wave and flowernext page..blue polka dot envelope with painted with Twinkling H20 mat board wave. Fabric piece. Painted white paper flower done with Twinkling H20s.
Beach journal long envelope front blue polka dot with orange ribbon starfishback of polka dotted envelope
Beach journal matboard page seahorse on frontnext half page in book with sea horse mat board embellishment
Beach journal blue and tan picture frame matboard page frontback of the sea horse. Picture frame and embellishment
Beach journal long red envelope back orange wave boardernext page..scrapbook paper with Twinkling H20's mat board with circle clip embellishment.
Beach journal long red envelope front sea breezeback of red/coral envelope
  Beach journal scallop shell front matboard piecesmaller page..Twinkling H20 painted mat board scallop shell with embellishment and pleated lime green ribbon.
Beach journal scallop shell back back side of scallop shell with seahorse and painted flower.
Beach journal orange matboard flowered page with green ribbonfront of the next page..scrapbook paper covered 1/2 page with pleated ribbon and  painted Twinkling H20 mat board painted edge.
Beach journal Down by the sea matboard page back of orange wave pageback of 1/2 page 
  
next page..striped scrap book long envelope twine wrapped near binding with the word Memories cut from my Cricut added to the front of the envelope
  Beach journal tan striped envelope near last page2
Beach journal back long envelope with flat orange flower back of striped envelope with painted flower and embellishment
Beach journal mat board front cockle shell pagenext 1/2 page..covered with scrap book paper with cockle shell embellishment.
Beach journal back of short page with orange ribbon paper  back of the page with strips of contrasting papers.
Beach journal front side sand and sea pagenext page...scrap paper envelope...sand and sea with clip that has an embellishment on it.
Beach journal back side sand and sea page  back of the  envelope 
  Beach journal mermaid inside back cover  back inside cover with mermaid embellishment.
Beach journal back cover back cover... mat book board  scrap book paper covered
 
Below are some extra long envelopes that I made using Beach themed scrapbook paper. I will probably put these in another photo album.
Beach journal extra long envelopes1 top to bottom.. sand and shells, shells and sand with starfish
 
Beach journal extra long envelopes2top to bottom...starfish, shells and starfish, swirls and waves, ocean waves

I enjoyed putting this photo journal together, because the beach is one of my favorite places to be. I started this photo journal in a class I took back in July, but we only had time to cover the pages, and paint the flowers, and add some embellishments and then I changed the journal up a bit. 
It was so nice to finish up this project. Click here to read my original post about the Class .
What do you think of this photo journal? If you have any questions...email me @   EAkers@aol.com , because for some reason blogger won't let me leave comments on my own blog. Does this happen to you?
Many times blogger won't let me leave comments on other blogs...don't know what's up with that and it makes me mad. :-(

Tomorrow, I will share with you a birthday themed photo journal that I made as a gift for my niece who will be celebrating her birthday next month. The birthday photo journal I added my own ideas and pages.

Oh, and before I end this post..I just have to share...below is the latest picture of my granddaughter, Bella that my son sent me when I was away. Steven was taking Bella for her first wagon ride.
Bella 8.2911 in her wagon
elaine signature3

5 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Such a beautiful book!

Barbara said...

Oh Elaine, this is so lovely! The ethereal and delicate embellishments are perfect for the sea and environs. I envy your proximity to Cape Cod, at the top of my favorite place list!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! I love the ocean, too!

Anonymous said...

Elaine that is so very pretty!!!! Very elegant and inviting!!! What a treasure of a piece you have!!!

Kathy said...

Just beautiful, Elaine...Love it!!! I can feel beautiful Cape Cod through your art..Bella is adorable...Hugs