Thursday, August 25, 2011

Birthday Photo Journal

Cape Kellys birthday book Cover
Before I went to the Cape last week I thought about bringing some projects to work on as my cousin, Cheryl and I will craft together when I am staying with her.                                                                             
I precut mat board pieces to make a smaller photo journal. I wanted to make a photo journal for my niece Kelly who just loves to celebrate her birthday each year.
I brought papers with me to use, and I cut the papers as I decided on which ones I wanted to use. Kelly's name on the cover are made from mat board, and I found a package on sale at Michael's in Hyannis. I used a fabric rose and rick rack trim also on the cover. Lace and fabric strips are on the clasps that keep the book together.
Cape Kellys birthday book Coverfront cover
Cape Kellys birthday book matboard writing page with sticker presentsinside page/back of front cover. Has a strip of dimensional birthday gifts on the bottom of the scrap book paper.
Cape Kellys birthday book celebrations envelope page2nd page in book..I bought these flap cards in Michaels in the clearance section. The pages came with envelopes, but I will use the envelopes in another project. I decorated the flap with stickers..balloons and the word CELEBRATE. At the bottom of the page is a 3 D stick...Happy Birthday
Cape Kellys birthday book 10 candles what I love about birthdaysinside the flap card above..it opens and you can add photos to both sides. On the right hand side I adhered a little envelope/pocket that was also bought at Michael's on clearance that holds 10 candles that you can write your 10 favorite things you love about birthdays. I thought that was cute, because I am sure Kelly can fill those candles without giving it much thought. :-)
Cape Kellys birthday book sweet celebrations page  back of the pocket page
Cape Kellys birthday book candles page with HB  back of the above page with Happy Birthday in an envelope sticker
   Cape Kellys birthday book orange envelope page with flower next page is another flap insert card that is blank on both sides of the inside..waiting for photos to be added.
Cape Kellys birthday book orange envelope open open insert for photos with Happy Birthday sticker on inside end flap. The paper flower was painted with Twinkling H20's.  The back of this page is blank  for a photo to be added.
Cape Kellys birthday book blow out the candles frosting pageinside of the back page.. mat board covered page. The scrapbook paper is frosting with jimmies. I used a cake and blow out the candles stickers. The back of the book has the same scrap book paper paper as the front..white back ground with multicolor polka dots.

I would love to find a big chipboard birthday cake to add to the book. Maybe I will use the Cricut, and cut out a cake. I have to give that a little more thought.

I had fun creating this little photo journal. Hardest part was selecting what scrap book papers I wanted to use. Did you like it?
I hope Kelly likes it. Kelly's birthday is September 20th. I can't believe I won't be scrambling at the last minute making something this year.
elaine signature3

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

It's very sweet; she's sure to love it.

Kathy said...

Just adorable, Elaine..Each page is so cute and special..The front cover is awesome..Hugs..