Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cape Cod photos from Fort Hill

Fort Hill is a gorgeous area on the Cape Cod National Seashore in Eastham. There are lots of walking trails down to the water and marsh and paths are along the woods.  Sunday was a gorgeous day to be there. Check out these websites or do a google search of your own.

Eastham/Fort Hill area

Secret Escape 

11.2011 fort hill map1

There are huge fields behind the split rail fences, and I took a few photos of some plants.

11.2011 Fox Hill sweet peassweet peas growing wild in the fields. There were many plants still blooming this late in October.

11.2011 fox hill sweet peas 2

11.2011 gone by queen annes lace Queen Anne's lace..gone by..I liked the texture of the skeletal remains of what was left of the flower

11.2011 fox hill milk weed pod open3milk weed pod with seeds bursting out of the open pod

11.2011 fx hill milk weed pod1  milk weed pod...a favorite of mine. The fluff is so soft and silky just like down.

11.2011 fox hill milk weed pod open4milk weed pod filled with seeds

11.2011 fisherman in boat at fort hill   fisherman in his boat at Fort Hill

 11.2011 fox hill seagull on my car 1 silly seagull sitting on the roof of my car and wouldn't move

11.2011 fox hill seagull on my car 2 seagull on the roof of my vehicle 

Below are some miscellaneous photos that I took while out and about on Route 28.

11.2011 flower card side..dennis  stain glass window on the side of this flower cart stand by the roadside.

11.2011 flowers cart front dennisfront of the flower stand11.2011 flowers cart..hydrangeas dennis hydrangeas that are great for drying

These are the last of my Cape photos from my weekend visit. I hope you enjoyed looking thru them.

elaine signature3

No comments: