Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I've Been Bad

Yes, very, very bad, and I have been for most of this month. You see, I have a sweet tooth, and I also love caramel apples. I don't make candy apples any other time during the year, only in the fall, but mostly in October. Don't ask me why, maybe because the new Macoun apples have been harvested. Have you ever eaten a Macoun apple? Oh, they are so darn good.  They are a cross between a MacIntosh and I don't know what other variety, but they have lots of crunch and are so juicy. When made into candy apples, even the hot, hard, red coated apples they keep their crunch and crispness after being dipped.
Anyway, in the produce section of the grocery store you can buy packages that have 5 round caramel sheets.  They have made it too easy for me to get my fix. All I have to do is wash and dry an apple, mold the caramel sheet over the apple, put in the stick, and pop the apple in the microwave on medium power for 20 seconds.
 caramel apple package caramel candy apple sheet candy apple
Some days during this month, I have made myself 2 of these treats, and I've savored every bite.  Bad of me and of course for the waistline, but oh they are so darn good. But hey, isn't this a way of getting some daily  fruit and fiber and October is almost over. ( LOL)
Do you have a food vice in any particular month? If so, share with me so I won't feel so guilty. :-)
elaine signature3

2 comments:

Alicia B said...

ROFL Elaine!!! It has been ages since I had a caramel apple but for my son's birthday dinner on the 9th, I made some caramel dipping sauce for apples and OH My, It is SO good and SO addictive! I do believe I will go with your words and say I was getting my daily fruit and fiber as well :) *Hugs*

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh YUM girl!! I LOVE caramel apples!!!! I have to go to the grocery tomorrow.....guess what I'll be buy and using your technique!!!!!!