Monday, October 18, 2010

October Inspiration Mingle for AAWA

Here is a photo that Susan selected  for our inspiration swap this month on An Affair with Art, yahoo group.  I will be sending my card  to Joan, and I hope she likes it.                    
October inspiration aawa
My interpretation of this months theme:
fall colors card & envelope
Aren't fall colors beautiful?                                                               
I decided to stamp a greeting card. First I  created a tag. I used several of my Tim Holtz  ink pads for the background color. Then I used Marvy markers on my stamps to color the leaves,pumpkins and the words. To finish it off I added a couple  of ribbons and a decorative brad.
I then tore a piece of rusty, red cardstock and stamped leaves all over it as a background, but the leaves don't  show up in the photo.                                                                                                                     
I mounted my stamped tag to the torn background paper, and adhered them to my base card. I inked around the edges of the base card lightly.  I then rubber stamped an envelope front and back to coordinate with the card adding the same saying that is inside the card.

No comments: